Line Sweep Algorithm
See Insert Link Here
Divide and Conquer
- Sort points along the x-coordinate
- Split the set of points into two equal-sized subsets by a vertical line
- Solve the problem recursively in the left and right subsets. This will give the left-side and right-side minimal distances.
- Find the minimal distance among the pair of points in which one point lies on the left of the dividing vertical and the second point lies to the right.
- The final answer is the minimum among the left, middle, and right deltas.
Originally taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closest_pair_of_points_problem
<ref> code> tags exist, but no
<references/> code> tag was found